Who are we?
Orca AI is a unique maritime-tech startup in Tel Aviv. We develop a revolutionary AI platform that changes the way ship captains navigate at sea and improve the safety of the shipping industry.
What are we looking for?
- We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Software Tech Lead highly skilled in architecture and design, information technology, security, networking and equipped with great problem solving skills;
- A great engineer that will join our fast-growing start-up company that will play a crucial role in leading the architecture and design of key features.
- The ideal candidate is a skilled architect with a deep experience in various software technologies who is passionate about code and has a hands-on approach.
What will you do?
- Lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects
- Recruit, empower and grow team members
- Design architecture with scalability, flexibility, and maintainability in mind
- Work with Product Management, to define and spec requirements.
- Work along other teams including Algo & System teams to determine, plan and delegate tasks of software projects.
- Participate in the software engineering, processes and standards with an impact on the whole software group in Orca AI
- Ensure open communication within the team, and establish genuine trust and working relationships that enable the team to influence.
- B.Sc. in Computer Sciences or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in Software Engineering, preferably in startup environments
- 3+ years of experience as an architect of a tech lead position.
- Strong Experience in back end technologies, Python, Docker, AWS-based systems, K8s, SQL and non SQL databases, message queues.
- Experience in developing a multi threading/tasking applications
- Experience designing scalable and highly available systems
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment
- Experience with test frameworks and test-driven development
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with computer vision systems and AI-driven products
- Experience with video systems (video streaming, media servers)
- Experience with the following technologies - Gitlab, InfluxDB, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Pytorch, AWS (SQS, CloudFront, Lambda, EKS)